Words of My Life: Thanksgiving 1
In ongoing celebration of my Jubilee year of 50 years in ministry and 70 years of life, I am sharing some of the words of my life. In this month of Giving Thanks I will share two posts with you.
It’s challenging, isn’t it? That giving thanks in all circumstances instruction from Paul.
But in my years of seeking to walk well with God, I have discovered it is one of the most important things I can do. Consistently giving thanks changes so much in my life—for the good.
Next week I will write about the great difficulty of saying “Thank You, Lord” in those very hard times.
Today I want to give us some tangible truths to give thanks for. When I practice thanksgiving as a way of life—for the amazing things God has done for His children and for the sweet gifts He gives me day by day, a wonderful transformation occurs in me: I grow a grateful heart.Here is the list I have, though it is meager compared to God’s great generosity. I’m sure I will be reminded of many more things to be thankful for and will be on my knees, even on my face, expressing my gratitude.
May you be blessed as you say “Thank You, Lord” for things like this:
1. God’s relentless pursuit rescued me and redeemed me and restored me.
2. God sings a love song to me, with one verse telling the good news that Jesus died to give me abundant and eternal life.
3. God is God–sovereign, and God is good–always looking for ways to do good to me.
4. When I was a foreigner and alien, God adopted me as a child into His own family.
5. God remembers that I am dust, and has mercy on me.
6. Jesus sent His Holy Spirit to live in me and remind me of all that He taught while He was here on earth.
7. God gives mercy for the past, grace for the present and hope for the future.
8. I have the most amazing, loving, Christ-like and fun husband in the world.
9. I love having my delightful children and their spouses as friends!
10. My grandchildren are beautiful, brilliant and so much fun.
11. The Holy Spirit comforts, encourages, teaches and empowers—all that I need to live the Christ-life.
12. The Father has extended an open invitation to talk with Him anytime—about what’s on my heart and His heart.
13. I have a place to live, clothes to wear, food to eat–more than enough–so I can share with others.
14. Truth that was embodied in Jesus is transforming my mind via the Spirit.
15. God asked me to be His partner in building His Kingdom.
16. I have good health that enables me to keep serving God all over the world!
17. I get to work with remarkable people who love and follow Jesus.
18. My church is filled with women and men who are seeking to be True Followers of our Savior.
19. Many hard things/times in my life have caused me to throw myself completely into the loving arms of my Father.
20. God doesn’t let me settle for the easy and comfortable, but always calls me to the MORE He has for me.
21. As long as God leaves me here on earth, He still has a plan to use me to touch lives for Him.
What about you? What are you thankful for?
C2014 Judy Douglass